INTERIOR DESIGN, EXTERIORS, DESIGN, LOVE, PASSION & LIFE

INTERIOR DESIGN, EXTERIORS, DESIGN, LOVE, PASSION & LIFE. YOUR HOME AND HOW YOU LIVE.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO BE REAL


I love my job, I love creating and feel passionate about everything I do. The down side is the creative world can trigger times of self-doubt, questioning your ability and sometimes thinking it is all to hard. I am a big supporter of looking for inspiration from people who have made millions in areas they love and are passionate about. Reading books, listening to seminars, creative thinking and taking advice from others who have lived their dream or on their own exciting journey. But still there are times when this isn't enough.
Once you put down that book, turn off the computer, walk out of that seminar all you are left with is you. Your feelings, your drive, your attitude. My blog, website and youtube channel are all about interiors, quirky ideas and connecting to the world of social media, so why am I posting this blog?
I have had a few pretty hard weeks inspiration and motivation wise, have dabbled in a little self-doubt and pity and have been struggling to take full responsibility of pulling myself out of that never-ending rabbit hole. Then a girlfriend posted this video of Nick Vujicic on Facebook and all self-doubt melted away. Sounds too easy and possibly a little 'wanky', yes I know.
I have watched Nick on Oprah and seen him before so it is not like I haven't thought he was amazing and inspiring and thought, 'if he can be so positive with such huge setbacks, what is my issue?' So why is this different? Timing. Watching something like this when you have indulged in a little too much self-pity jolts you. Nick's motto of , "Attitude is Altitude" really hit me. Attitude is everything and your attitude to how you see yourself is your biggest destroyer, or can be your saviour.
My business and life motto is "Expression is the greatest form of Freedom" as creating, feeling and saying who and what you are, I believe will set you free and leave you open to what your heart desires. Watching this video gave me my belief back and reconnect with my life motto.
I hope Nick's attitude will give you a little something to lift your day and help set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts